Family Practice Center, P.C. is currently seeking a Full-Time Medical Assistant for our Mechanicsburg office. Family Practice Center is a large group of primary care physicians in Central PA. We offer a wide range of services including family medicine, pediatrics, counseling services, onsite lab and x-ray, and much more. Family Practice operates 39 office locations in 12 Central PA counties. Family Practice offers a competitive total compensation package, as well as a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, FSA, disability, life, and 401(k). For immediate consideration, email
or fax resume to 717.692.4715. EOE
Monday: 8:00 - 5:00
Tuesday: 7:30 - 4:30
Wednesday: 8:00 - 4:00
Thursday: 7:30 - 4:00
Friday: 8:00 - 3:30
Education: Medical Assistant training program diploma or Associates Degree
Experience: Training; Management reserves the right to review an individual’s qualifications on a case by case basis.
General Summary of Duties: The qualified individual is responsible for but not limited to providing a variety of secretarial duties to physicians and other members of the clinic. Provides patient care under supervision for clinic patients.
Expectations of Duties - to include but not limited to:
1. Greet patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner.
2. Checks in patients, verifying and updating information in a medical record as indicated.
3. Greet patients and prepares them for physician examination. Screens patients for appropriate information. Instructs patient in the collection of specimens and tests.
4. Assists with the preparation of patients, equipment and aides the physician during treatment, examination and testing of the patient.
5. Observes, records and reports patient's condition to drugs and treatments as ordered by they physician.
6. May need to maintain appointment book and follow office scheduling.
7. Answers telephone, screens calls, takes messages and provides information.
8. Responsible for preparation of exam rooms including cleaning of rooms, restocking supplies and emptying trash.
9. Assists with all Medical Secretary/Receptionist duties.
Expectations of Position - to include but not limited to:
1. This job requires access to PHI. HIPAA training is required and HIPAA compliance is expected.
2. Follow procedures according to OSHA.
3. Follow procedures according to Family Practice protocol.
4. Attends required meetings and participates on committees as requested.
Typical Work Demands: Work may require standing for long periods of time, stooping, bending and stretching for files and/or supplies. Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients. Occasionally lifts and carries items up to 100 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, type, operate a calculator, telephone, fax machine, medical equipment and other such necessary office equipment. Vision must be correctable to 20/20 and hearing within normal range. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours. Requires exposure to communicable disease and body fluids.
Typical Working Conditions: Work is performed in an office environment. Involves frequent contact with staff and patients. Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.